Highlighted

Unsupported file in Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc Fill and Sign

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to send a pdf file using Adobe Acrobat and use the fill and sign feature (requesting signature) but I cannot select my file, yet another pdf file I tried selects just fine. I get the error "Unsupported file"   Please help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unsupported file in Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc Fill and Sign

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to send a pdf file using Adobe Acrobat and use the fill and sign feature (requesting signature) but I cannot select my file, yet another pdf file I tried selects just fine. I get the error "Unsupported file"   Please help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's a PDF file? Open it in a plain-text editor. What are the first couple of lines you see there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eliza

++ Adding to the discussion

Please make sure the PDF file is not password protected as we can not send the protected PDF file for signature via Adobe Sign. If you have the rights and know the password, please try to remove the password from the PDF and then try again to send for signature.

Please refer to the steps here https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html#remove_password_security to remove the password from the PDF file.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0