• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported Type2 font

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form in InDesign 5.5, exported it as a PDF, opened it in Acrobat X, clicked "Create Form" and received this error: "Bad PDF; error in processing fonts. <unsupported Type2 font> [1]"

I have tried changing the font, changing the export options, changing the pdf version, and each time come up with the same error. The only results I've had in researching this issue involve pdfs created in MS Word, nothing for InDesign.

Is there anyone with any solutions? I've already tried to contact Adobe Chat support, but they will not provide support for Acrobat X unless you pay for a support plan (and give them your name, address, license number, and first born child).

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an Issue with Office. Office 2010 and 2011 will not work with Postscript fonts of any type. TrueType or OpenType based on TrueType.  Accept both Apple MS Version of TrueType.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Helvetica Neue and it's a TrueType font. I'm not worried about Office, I'm using InDesign, it's just that Office was the only thing that came up when I reasearched the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seen this message in many years. Are you able to share any PDF that shows this problem? You can't use the forum, but you can use acrobat.com, your own web site, or any other file sharing site, then share the URL in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened with no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening is not the issue, coverting it to a fillable form using Acrobat is the issue, as I stated in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the form in Acrobat X. I agree, I get the same message if I use Create form (which I never use anyway). If I use Edit, and reply No to "Do you want Acrobat to detect form fields for you". I can edit the form in the normal way and add fields. I wouldn't trust the automatic function to work as required anyway.

You might also consider designing the fields in InDesign, which would save enormous time when the form is revised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the file saved as a Word .docx file. I had to  do some minor format changes. But, I changed all  to Arial Bold  except your titles from the Helvetica Nue. Turns out that is version of Heletica is not exactly True type Format its designed strictly for the system. Its called a Dfont.

After I switched everything to Arial Bold I was able to use the Format Creator to create the field

I had to add two fields one for Alergies and made it multi- Line and same with Comments I made the whole second page a Field. I've Posted to acrobat.com :https://files.acrobat.com/preview/5debac0b-4fa2-48f9-862e-a4f6bf7d9f1b

See if it will let you download.

If Not try:http://db.tt/KbxsT33e

You can  reformat for your printer but use Arial Bold or Arial as the Font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this error from a Word.docx doc. Help please!

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If truly named Word.docx doc that is you issue they can  be both. It had to me named one or the other. either Word.docx or Word .doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This seems to be a Mac Office Word 2011. I had a friend print to PDF in Windows and no issues. Any ideas? Frustrating.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forget word or other microsoft junk. This is about taking a native file from Indesign, saving as a PDF, and creating  a form, then getting a "Unsupported Type2 font" error - even though I have used the font throughout the design stages using various other adobe products without error

PLEASE FIX - Can someone actually read the thread and provide a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe won't fix anything in Acrobat X. Does it happen in DC?

Form recognition is a very simple tool, why not make the form properly in InDesign?

This seems to be a simple limitation of a simple tool - IT doesn't support the font for this purpose.

It won't be related to websafeness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Helvetica TT font instead of Helvetica Neue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue - as a designer we use many fonts - build PDFs and in the end build forms - only to be told there is a Font issue time and time again. if photoshop, illustrator, indesign all use fonts without issue.. getting to the end of the line only to be told you must use another font is unexceptable.

What is the fix for this? Can I embed fonts in acrobat?

I pay a lot of money to use adobe products - If it boils down to being restricted to web safe fonts - this is no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error "Bad PDF; error in processing fonts. <bad Type0 font> [1]" using Acrobat DC. I never had any issues like this in the previous versions. Is there a workaround for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is good i solved my this problem thanks šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe InDesign conversions to PDF form documents do the following:

Choose "File" -> "Export" and then make sure you choose the "Format" as an "Adobe PDF (Interactive)" instead of "Adobe PDF (Print)".

Your instinct will likely be to use a PDF preset for print, but actually you need to use the export feature instead so you can switch to an Interactive PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CONSISTENTLY found that the problem font is HELVETICA NEUE.

If I use the LT or PRO version, I do NOT get this error.

I tested this with three Helvetica font families loaded on my Mac and "Helvetica Neue" is always the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Had the same problem for quite a while.

This worked for me.

Go To

Documents/examine documents.

After checking

press <delete> for meta data

Now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines