Highlighted

Unwanted bookmarks when merging pdfs

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When merging multiple pdfs, Acrobat creates a bookmark with the filename wherever i inserted another document. How can I prevent that?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unwanted bookmarks when merging pdfs

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When merging multiple pdfs, Acrobat creates a bookmark with the filename wherever i inserted another document. How can I prevent that?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways to merge PDFs, which one do you use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the merge tool in acrobat pro dc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean "Combine Files into PDF"? If so, you can disable adding bookmarks via the Options button in that dialog, and then un-ticking "Always add bookmarks to Adobe PDF".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I mean that tool and I know about the option you're talking about. But if untick it, there's no Bookmarks in the merged PDF at all and I want the bookmarks to be shown. My problem is following:

I have 10-page PDF with cover sheets (lets call it cover.pdf). When I insert another PDF (lets call it chapter.pdf) after one of those cover sheets (e.g. the second one) my index looks like this:

cover.pdf

title of first coversheet

title of second coversheet

chapter.pdf

cover (somehow without the .pdf suffix)

title of third coversheet

title of fourth coversheet

and so on...

What I want is an index without multiple entries showing the filename of the cover.pdf (with or without suffix)

I want it to look like this:

title of first coversheet

title of second coversheet

chapter.pdf

title of third coversheet

title of fourth coversheet

and so on...

I hope you can help me, thx in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar probelm. Trying to combine multiple pdfs and Adobe just throws the bookmarks into a blender. Missing multiple, changing bookmark names, re-organizing. It's all over the place. Cannot standardize it or change it in a way that will not only preserve the previous booksmarks, but also add new ones for each pdf being added.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat_ywOpqnqZXQ.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0