• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted quotation marks in Author field

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm using Acrobat Pro DC. In File>Properties>Description I entered text in the Author field. After saving the file, I find that there are quotation marks inserted around the text. They are not wanted and seem to convey skepticism. Is there any way to turn off this "helpful" feature? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I tried recreating the same steps that you mentioned but I don't get those quotes on the text entered.

I typed in the text manually in the Author blank.

How are you entering the text in that field? Are you using a script ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you happen to include a comma in the text you entered? If so, it will automatically add quotes around it because the Author field can also contain a list, so the text needs to be delimited. It by no means denotes "skepticism" about the true author of the document (I have to admit that made me chuckle)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines