Highlighted

Updater in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created FRL - Online package for Acrobat DC, but Check for Updates feature is gone and Update preferences are gone.  bUpdater seems to be disabled and feature updates are being skipped due to lock down settings.  It really sounds like the users will not get updates ... but that does not seem right as a default.  Is the Auto update on and I just haven't seen it run an update yet?  Or I need to reconfigure installer or something?  Missing something ...

TOPICS
Acrobat, Admin console, Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updater in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created FRL - Online package for Acrobat DC, but Check for Updates feature is gone and Update preferences are gone.  bUpdater seems to be disabled and feature updates are being skipped due to lock down settings.  It really sounds like the users will not get updates ... but that does not seem right as a default.  Is the Auto update on and I just haven't seen it run an update yet?  Or I need to reconfigure installer or something?  Missing something ...

TOPICS
Acrobat, Admin console, Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please could you first confirm that you are installing the package using the setup.exe in the "Build" directory?

thanks

Dominic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
mgdbgj LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ... I'm deploying to macOS. 

I tried both ways of deploying.  Through a package which includes software created in the Admin console and by downloading the installer from the Adobe site and than distributing license only package to activate with Adobe Licensing Toolkit.  In either case, there is no way to manually update.  In the first case, CCP file has  <Update isEnabled="0"/> ...  Unfortunatelly, ALT json is not readable.  But there doesn't seem to be an option to change those when creating a package ...

The Updater log shows Updater updating and Reader (that I also have installed) updating but for Acrobat it says ...

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:13:46 PM : Processing registration information for product com.adobe.acrobat.dc

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:13:46 PM :    PlistReader : Optional Plist key {ProductName} is not present.

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:13:46 PM :    PlistReader : Optional plist key {VersionExt} is not present.

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:13:46 PM :    PlistReader : Product registration plist parsing done.

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:13:47 PM :    WARNING Product's Feature lock down key is set to 0. Skip updating this product.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0