Highlighted

Upgrades resets order of tools

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime Adobe acrobat pro dc updates itself, all the tools change back to some default order, and any tools i have added to the side panel are removed.

This is driving me crazy, i use the product on multiple devices and i have to correct it on every device every time.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upgrades resets order of tools

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime Adobe acrobat pro dc updates itself, all the tools change back to some default order, and any tools i have added to the side panel are removed.

This is driving me crazy, i use the product on multiple devices and i have to correct it on every device every time.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, everytime Adobe acrobat pro dc updates itself, all the tools change back to some default order, and any tools that you have added to the side panel are removed.

Please try to add the tools to the side panel once and then go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Documents > Select 'Remember current state of tools pane' and 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents' > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Under Documents, there is no option for 'Remember current state of tools pane'.

Where else would it be?

Im using version 5.014.00060

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the dlay in response. As described you are using the version 5.14.00060, it is a very old version and no longer supported. End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distribute runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

Adobe strongly recommends that customers update to the latest versions of Adobe Reader  and Adobe Acrobat . By updating installations to the latest versions, customers benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information polease look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-support-acrobat-8-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually here is the verison, i have no idea why that number copied last time.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annots.api
Version: 20.12.20048.400142
Creation Date: 2020/09/12
Creation Time: 12:30:54 AM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another "nice tip": when you change the langage of the UI of Acrobat Pro, the "Add-on" tools pane disapear!

😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0