• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Adobe PDF iFilter 9 to Adobe PDF iFilter 11

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had Adobe PDF iFilter 9 on our SharePoint 2010 for a while and we are wondering if we can upgrade it easily to Adobe PDF iFilter 11 without breaking the indexing of PDF documents and the search?

We had to install Adobe PDF iFilter 9 so that we could index PDFs on our public facing website.

Can anyone tell me if you have Adobe PDF iFilter 11 on a SharePoint 2010 web app / server? 

Did you upgrade from iFilter 9 to 11? 

Were there any issues? 

What impacts did it have on the indexing and the search?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Apologies for the late reply, as you are looking to upgrade to Acrobat PDF iFilter 11, we do have the upgrade available, Adobe currently bundles a 32-bit PDF iFillter with Adobe Acrobat 11 as well as the free Adobe Reader 11. It uses the Microsoft iFilter interface and allows third-party indexing tools to extract text from AdobePDF files.

Do let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link doesn't work. it goes to "this page isn't working."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree - this needs to be addressed by Adobe ASAP.

https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5542 redirects to http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5542 which fails with "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

27-Jul-2021 and the download link is still broken.  I found the same URL in dozens of places, and no other options for where to obtain it for a good 40 minutes of searching.  I was about to use a virtual machine to vet a third-party (softpedia equivalent) -hosted version of the file when I finally found an Adobe FTP site form where I could obtain a copy:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/PDFFilter64Setup.msi

Note that you'll have to either use an ftp client, or else enable your web browser to browse ftp hosts first.  Google for that simple process (for example:  Chrome -> "chrome://flags" -> search "enable-ftp" -> check "Enable" -> Relaunch chrome). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. I confirmed via "certutil -hashfile <filename> MD5" that this is identical to the copy we had stored locally, so it's the correct file. Thank you SO much for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, where art thou?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this issue months ago. All of the download pages were removed because they are "no longer needed", only they are... And many of the files there were available through these pages are now very difficult to find, if at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The great news is that the FTP site referenced above has a plethora of downloads - lots of old versions etc. (just start at the root level). So probably useful for more than just the iFilter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines