Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading my Adobe Acrobat Pro XI to 2020

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I had Acrobat Pro XI on my old MacBook Pro until this past summer, and when my compuyter crashed I lost my Acrobat Pro with it. 

I would like to reinstall and upgrade my Acrobat Pro XI to Acrobat 2020, without buying the software again.  How can I do that?

Please help.  Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install you use the disc or your original download

There is no such thing as a free upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @John T Smith indicated, there is no free upgrade path from Acrobat 11 to anything. Furthermore, Acrobat 11 simply does not run on any recent versions of MacOS (due to Apple's purposely making the new OS versions incompatible with existing applications and especially 32-bit applications).

Your choice is to either purchase a perpetual license for Acrobat Pro 2020 for MacOS or to subscribe to Acrobat Pro DC. (Note that you never “buy” any Adobe software itself; you buy licenses to use such software. You never own the software itself and that is true for virtually every piece of commercial software that is currently available!)

The so-called “perpetual license” is good for as long as you are using a hardware and software environment that the version was designed for; given Apple's proclivity to effectively obsolete existing applications with both operating system and hardware incompatibilites on a fairly regular basis, such “perpetual licenses” are not necessarily a very good deal.

The subscription model, although it requires a monthly payment, doesn't require any upgrade costs when a new version needs to be released to deal with OS and hardware changes.

The bottom line is that this is your choice.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines