Highlighted

Use images for checkboxes or radio buttons

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible use a custom image as a checkbox or radio button? I'm thinking no, but I thought I'd double check in here. Something like the screenshot atttached. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.25.18 PM.png

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Use images for checkboxes or radio buttons

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible use a custom image as a checkbox or radio button? I'm thinking no, but I thought I'd double check in here. Something like the screenshot atttached. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.25.18 PM.png

Topics

PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to add image to checkbox, but there could be few workarounds. Example:

You could put invisible checkbox over a image. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you know which option you selected, then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Asim123 LATEST
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Border and background can be invisible but once checked  it can show cross over image. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use form buttons with images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with that approach is that buttons don't actually have values so if you export the form data this information will be lost. Also, you can't use it in the rest of the file for other calculations (like a total score, for example), unless you write a script to examine the icon of each button, which is not that easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For values it is possible to use hidden form fields.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF