Highlighted

Use text field in save as file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

I am trying to include information from a text field at the start of the file name when saving the document. Does anyone have a javascript that will do this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Use text field in save as file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

I am trying to include information from a text field at the start of the file name when saving the document. Does anyone have a javascript that will do this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks George; however, I have read this and as I am only new to this, I still can't figure it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to be able to do it you have to install a script in a local folder of each computer where this file is going to be used.

Is that possible in your case?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's a generic form that lots of different people will need to fill in. Was hoping that they would be able to save it in a certain format so that when I receive the document their surname (from TextField) appears at the beginning of the file name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you won't be able to do what you want. You can create a file path string and place it in oanother text field, which the user can then copy and paste for use with the Save As dialog, but that's about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a form lots of people will fill in, have you confirmed none of them will be on iPhone, iPad or Android tablet? That they will be happy and willing to install Acrobat Reader? That they know how to download and open in Reader?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you can't do it. You can suggest to the users to save the file under a specific name, but not enforce it.

However, you can prevent the file from being submitted back to you if it doesn't have the correct name...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0