Highlighted

User can't enter anything on a Form when given to them

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I have created a fill-able PDF Form.  Yet, when I give it to the user, they cannot enter any information in the fields.  It is as if all the form fields are protected.  The I logged into their machine and I could not enter anything in the fields.  I saw thathe had the file open under Chrome with the web browser.  Asked him to install Adobe Reader and then open the file.  Yet, he had PDF Architect and wanted to use it.  When he opened the file with this product, there was the same result.  Could not enter data in the form fields.

Stated that he should d/l Adobe Reader and use it.  If someone could point me to where I could find some code, that if they don't have Adobe Reader, have a link so they can download it.  Also, does this sound like the issue, is that he did not have Reader installed and he needs to get that on his machine to open the form and fill it out?

In addition, if this pdf form file is to be used on the net, do I have to make it a Web Form?  Can I provide a hyperlink to the pdf form and when it opens the pdf fiorm will allow them to add information and then submit the form?  I will put it in a folder on the site which is hosting their domain.  Does this sound correct in how I am thinking to implement this?

Thanx in advance and I look forward to hearing back.

Jerry

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

User can't enter anything on a Form when given to them

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I have created a fill-able PDF Form.  Yet, when I give it to the user, they cannot enter any information in the fields.  It is as if all the form fields are protected.  The I logged into their machine and I could not enter anything in the fields.  I saw thathe had the file open under Chrome with the web browser.  Asked him to install Adobe Reader and then open the file.  Yet, he had PDF Architect and wanted to use it.  When he opened the file with this product, there was the same result.  Could not enter data in the form fields.

Stated that he should d/l Adobe Reader and use it.  If someone could point me to where I could find some code, that if they don't have Adobe Reader, have a link so they can download it.  Also, does this sound like the issue, is that he did not have Reader installed and he needs to get that on his machine to open the form and fill it out?

In addition, if this pdf form file is to be used on the net, do I have to make it a Web Form?  Can I provide a hyperlink to the pdf form and when it opens the pdf fiorm will allow them to add information and then submit the form?  I will put it in a folder on the site which is hosting their domain.  Does this sound correct in how I am thinking to implement this?

Thanx in advance and I look forward to hearing back.

Jerry

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until they try it with Reader and get the same result we can't help. Report the issues to the Chrome and PDF Architect developers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0