• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User getting prompt to install Flash in Acrobat XI

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user is getting a prompt in Adobe Acrobat XI to install Flash Player when she is trying to merge a couple of PDF files. Obviously she can't install Flash since it isn't supported anymore. I don't understand why it is prompting her to install Flash. This doesn't happen on all file merges. Just on a particular file that she is trying to merge. She said it has a digital signature in it. I know you can't alter files with digital signatures but she claims to be successfully merging other files with signatures. My question is what is causing this error. Is it because she has such an old version of Acrobat?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Because the file is digitally signed Acrobat defaults to merging the files using a Portfolio, which in Acrobat XI was typically done with Flash. I think they'll need to get Acrobat DC to be able to do it now, yes...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the file is digitally signed Acrobat defaults to merging the files using a Portfolio, which in Acrobat XI was typically done with Flash. I think they'll need to get Acrobat DC to be able to do it now, yes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I passed this info on to the user about the Portfolio and she was able to change the default from Portfolio to files and that fixed the issue for her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mauld-louie wrote:

This doesn't happen on all file merges. Just on a particular file that she is trying to merge.

Since she only has a few PDFs that she is trying to merge:

• Try merging half, then the other half. When she gets a fail, merge half of the half. It may be only one PDF.
  • Once she finds the offending PDF, have her try dragging pages from one file to another using the Pages panel. It may be only one page.
  • Examine that page.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines