Highlighted

Using a button to copy contents of form to additional form?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a document with 2 pages. On the first page we are asking for a lot of information, most of this information can be found again on the second page for the contract. I would like to have a button on the bottom of the first page that they can click on to copy certain bits of information from the first page and then paste that into fillable fields on the second page. Can this be done with Adobe DC?

Thanks,

Cody

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

A script like this:

this.getField("field2").value = this.getField("field1").value;

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using a button to copy contents of form to additional form?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a document with 2 pages. On the first page we are asking for a lot of information, most of this information can be found again on the second page for the contract. I would like to have a button on the bottom of the first page that they can click on to copy certain bits of information from the first page and then paste that into fillable fields on the second page. Can this be done with Adobe DC?

Thanks,

Cody

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

A script like this:

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a script you can copy the information. Or assign same names to the fields with the same information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a script would need to be created? Any good tips on a basic script for this? I'm not very javascript orinated just the designer. I know I can "Right Click" and duplicate across pages, but we do not want to do that. We pretty much want to give them a button to click to copy it, or let them fill out the second page on their own in case the information is different from the first one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script like this:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That seems to do the trick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0