• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using applications on more than 2 computers.

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 PCs that have Adobe Creative Cloud applications. I wanted to install Acrobat DC on a third PC - it is not installed on the other machines.

When I try to run Acrobat, I get this infuriating message: "Acrobat DC can only be activated on 2 devices simultaneously".
While I am often signed in on 2 machines,  Acrobat is an example of an application installed on a 3rd but I can't use it.

Can I suggest Adobe either 

1) Revisit the message "Acrobat DC can only be activated on 2 devices simultaneously" since it is plainly incorrect.  The issue appears to be more about how many machines are currently activated.

or
2) Introduce a little flexibility in the Creative Cloud application that detects how many actual apps are present on a given machine?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

You can install Acrobat and Creative Cloud on any PCs you like, but you can only activate two simultaneously with your Adobe ID.

When connecting on a 3rd PC with your Adobe ID you should be prompted to deactivate another PC (or all).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install Acrobat and Creative Cloud on any PCs you like, but you can only activate two simultaneously with your Adobe ID.

When connecting on a 3rd PC with your Adobe ID you should be prompted to deactivate another PC (or all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, JR... and thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂

After a little head-scratching, I came to understand how to make Acrobat available on a third machine... the point I was making was that the message Adobe pops up when attempting to use Acrobat on a third machine is a little 'off.'- it is quite specific -  the application can't be activated on more than 2 machines - the message takes no account of the fact the application is only installed on one machine - nor does it mention having to deactivate a machine.

Your point about deactivating a machine to make a 'licence' (for want of a better word) is the only solution but "Acrobat DC can only be activated on 2 devices simultaneously" does not reflect this clearly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud (and the Document Cloud too) license is very flexible.

It is very convenient for freelancers, small companies, trainers, etc.

You can go to work anywhere with your tools without having to carry a computer. Of course, you need a fast connection.

And if when you leave your client's home or the training room you forget to disconnect a computer, that's okay, you can disconnect it remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This licesning is driving me crazy, I have two work desktops, a surface tablet, a laptop...someone at adobe please explain to me why I can't just buy another license and assign to me username so I don't have to sign out of devices 3 times a day.

Pushing my company to look for a new PDF solution. I can deal with limiting a license to 2 devices, what I can't live is assigning a user multiple licenses to account for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, but you should do so under a different account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I open a business account which allows any one of 3 of us to use Acrobat at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every person needs to have a license in order to use Acrobat at the same time.  Contact an authorized reseller in you area Adobe Partner Connection Portal (salesforce-sites.com) Ask them to quote your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines