Highlighted

using bookmarks as a table of contents

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I'm a fairly new user! I've compiled a very large PDF document from multiple files and and created the table of contents (TOC) as bookmarks. I've shared the file on dropbox for edit and review with the active bookmark TOC. It works very well for me, but when I upload it to dropbox for review - the bookmarks do not display - only thumbnails. And if its downloaded and saved or printed to PDF from dropbox the bookmarks are not included when opened in Reader?  Am I missing something?  Help...

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

using bookmarks as a table of contents

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I'm a fairly new user! I've compiled a very large PDF document from multiple files and and created the table of contents (TOC) as bookmarks. I've shared the file on dropbox for edit and review with the active bookmark TOC. It works very well for me, but when I upload it to dropbox for review - the bookmarks do not display - only thumbnails. And if its downloaded and saved or printed to PDF from dropbox the bookmarks are not included when opened in Reader?  Am I missing something?  Help...

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're viewing the Pages panel, not the Bookmarks one...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please Open Bookmarks Panel from the Left hand Navigation panel and see if all your Bookmarks appears fine ?

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you print to PDF you will lost the bookmarks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download from DropBox is fine. Printing to PDF is very much not. Make sure people know how to download.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0