• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Call Out tool I get "Desired Operation cannot be be performed on this object"

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm IT for a small company.  I have a user opening a complex PDF who cannot use the Call Out tool on it.  He gets the message  "Desired operation cannot be performed on this object".  He can add text and boxes and other things, just not Call Out.  I can apply Call Outs to this document on his system when I log in as Administrator.  That seems to point to a permission ro security issue.  But other users who do not have Admin rights can apply a Call Out to this same document. 

Any suggestions? 

Note:  This document already has Call Outs in it, so I know they can be applied.  The user appears to have permissions for this file.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest a Repair Installation on the user's computer, found under the Help menu on that computer.  I get it that a different user profile renders a different result.  The Repair Installation can sometimes cure things that one would think it can't.  Might be worth a try.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Dave.

I have actually tried the Repair, and I have also unsintalled and then reinstalled the product.  Still no go.  I'm thinking permissions perhaps, since it seems to track to the user account.  But we use policies to assign permissions and people with the exact same polices can use Call Out with no issues.

Weird stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is crazy!  If I can uncover anything, I'll shout.  If you find a solution, please post so others can read and learn.

Good luck,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It is a bizarre situation.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the problem and realised that the Text Input button was not auto deselecting whenever the message appeared for a given document. Whenever that happens now I discovered that by 'dragging out' an entry box I was able to then enter text as the button deselected on release of the mouse button after the drag-out. Clicking to enter text, instead of drag-out, brings up the error message with the button not deselecting to allow text entry. I hope that helps as a crude solution for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines