Highlighted

Using DC Pro from External Drive

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use DC Pro on the road a lot with a small lap top and need to oeprate DC pro from an external drive. I can download the set up to an ext drive, but it will not activate from there? Is this just a setting issue?

Cheers

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using DC Pro from External Drive

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use DC Pro on the road a lot with a small lap top and need to oeprate DC pro from an external drive. I can download the set up to an ext drive, but it will not activate from there? Is this just a setting issue?

Cheers

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose the directory for install, but it MUST be fully installed on the system, with the drive connected on its fixed drive letter.  You cannot take the drive to another computer and use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that was my intention but with the exe file on the external drive, letter and part of my folders, it does not install. All my settings are to install to this ext drive. Still doesn't launch the exe file? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT was your intention? To take the drive to another computer and use it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a small travel laptop with a 32gb drive internal so plan is to use it from my 1TB ext drive. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are you planning to run the install ON your small travel laptop, installing as much as possible to the external disk, then use it with the SAME laptop only, with the drive reconnected with the same drive letter? Or were you trying to do the install on your different computer? I think we understand what you want now, so it's now about finding what you are actually doing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, same lap top, same drive. Other applications work ok this way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. Acrobat is not a portable application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, guess i will cancel my subscription then, for the price I would expected more flexibility as a tool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you execute the installer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing. other apps it worked ok this way

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0