• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, can I view/print ONLY my highlighted text?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched and searched and nothing seems to answer this, I'm sorry if it's been covered. But I'm using the newest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2019.021) for a Mac and I cannot figure out how to view or print ONLY my highlighted text. The comment panel on the right only shows me where the highlights are in the PDF and when I export to data file I get no text, just numbers. And when I print, I click Documents and Markups but can't get ONLY the highlights and even then, it's just the references to the highlights and not the text itself. Is this not possible in the free version at all? 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you have to select the option to copy the highlighted text into the comments (under Edit - Preferences - Commenting), before creating them. Then you would be able to use the Summarize Comments option in the Print dialog, or a script, like this (paid-for) one I've developed: http://try67.blogspot.com/2015/03/acrobatreader-quickly-switch-between.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying text into the highlight comment is not an option in Reader. You would need either Acrobat Pro or Standard to be able to do this. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe I'm asking the wrong thing. I'm highlighting text in a pdf and want to see or print ONLY those highlights. Is that possible in the free reader version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not without a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines