• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using revit lt 2018. freezes when printing. need to restart computer to get it to print. happening on 2 pcs. win 10. started about 2 months ago

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using revit lt 2018.  adobe freezes when printing.  need to restart computer to get it to print.  happening on 2 pcs.  win 10.  started about 2 months ago.  having to restart pc 5+ times a day.  pls help and thank you  oh yeah  adobe dc.  i can print once per restart.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phils,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Could you let us know if you are trying to print to "Adobe PDF printer" in Revit? If yes, please try following steps:

1- Open the printing properties for Adobe PDF printer. Select "Adobe PDF" under Printer > click Properties > click the Adobe PDF Settings tab.

2- For Adobe PDF Output Folder, choose or browse to a specific folder. Do not choose "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename."

3- Do not choose "Rely on System Fonts"

4- Click OK and try again.

Also, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows

Is there any error message when trying to print to Adobe PDF in Revit?

Does PDF printing works fine on other application, MS Word for ex.?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

I had the same issue and your steps fixed the problem for me. Thank you!

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this and it still hangs. 

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines