• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Scroll Long Text options in Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When  create a text field using acrobat pro dc and select multi-line and Scroll Long Text as options, not all the text entered will print.  It only prints what you can see on the screen.  Is there a setting I am missing to make the boxes expand to full text when printing?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

It has been split from Acrobat and is now a separate product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Form fields created with Acrobat are not dynamic.

Export the form data another format, like FDF.

Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet (Professional version only).

Add a new page with a field that has the exact same name as your multiline field only the size is larger and big enough to show all the entered text.

Print to the Acrobat JavaScript console and cut and paste  the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not sure I understand.  I want to be able to create this form and let others enter text in the fields and be able to print the form.  I was trying to keep the form to one page using the multi-line and scroll long options for the text boxes, however, any text that doesn't fit in the viewable box does not print for them.

I don't have a server to install fdf on and I am not sure this would resolve my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the font size of the field to Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have tried that.  Tends to make the text rather small.   I just thought there might be some other answer.

Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and set up the text field box size for the same reason, to keep my document from becoming too many pages (I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC). Setting the font size in the text field to Auto doesn't fix this issue. The text would become so small when printed out that it couldn't be read without a magnifying glass. There has to be another option that Adobe can provide. Live Cycle has been referred to as an option to fix this issue. However, Live Cycle is no more... Adobe Experience Manager has absorbed it and from what I can tell from the AEM web site no additional helpful information is provided. So, any ideas how to solve this issue???? Anyone???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the text size of the form field to "Auto". The font size of the field will dynamically change as text is entered.

And if you were to use Word and fields that dynamically grow and shrink, entering a large amount of text into form fields could cause the form to grow from one page to 2 pages..

If you want form fields that dynamically change size based on the entered text, then use LiveCycle Desinger whcin supports dynamic form fields and dynamic forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have LiveCycle when I had acrobat pro 9, but lost it when I upgraded to DC.  Wish they would have incorporated all the features into their new forms product in DC.

Thanks for you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle Designer is a seperate product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been split from Acrobat and is now a separate product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"And if you were to use Word and fields that dynamically grow and shrink, entering a large amount of text into form fields could cause the form to grow from one page to 2 pages."  ... this would be fine if it only occurred when you print out the document. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines