• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the scanner's app with Acrobat

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what allows an app provided with a scanner to come up when scanning in Acrobat? I'm using an HP OfficeJet 7740 and "Show scanner's user interface" is checked on either of the two available WIA options, but it doesn't come up. It's an executable, HPScan.exe. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yoyo,

That's because Acrobat has no scanning capability whatsoever on it's own. On Windows it uses a TWAIN plugin to access your scanner's controls. That's all. 

If you scanned directly from your scanner's software or via Acrobat, you'd never see a difference in the result. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary, Maybe I didn't express myself well. I previously had a Kodak printer, and when scanning within Acrobat CC, the native Kodak scanning app came up to process the scans. This is not the case with the new HP printer. Only a generic box comes up, with limited ability to adjust prarmeters. Windows 10 appears to use only the WIA protocol. The TWAIN selection causes Acrobat to hang. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out myself. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not actually an app that comes up when you scan. The difference isn't usually important. But what comes up is a "scanner driver". This is software (but not actually an app) made by the scanner company. It lets any app scan (Acrobat and many others). Different companies do their drivers very differently, some have many features, some have less. Acrobat can't control it though; it can only use the scanner drivers you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the TWAIN driver that allows the native printer interface. It's so slow in coming up, though, I thought Acrobat was hanging, but it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines