Highlighted

Verifying User Account in Forms using Javascript

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file that needs to verify which user account is accessing the file.In order to do that I would like to run a command prompt or check by other means the user account. 

This will then be verified by comparing permitted user account list (with in the forms itself). 

Could some one please assist on how to go about the verification process. 

TOPICS
How to, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Verifying User Account in Forms using Javascript

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file that needs to verify which user account is accessing the file.In order to do that I would like to run a command prompt or check by other means the user account. 

This will then be verified by comparing permitted user account list (with in the forms itself). 

Could some one please assist on how to go about the verification process. 

TOPICS
How to, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to run a command prompt or anything like that from a script in Acrobat (thank god... that would be a huge security risk!). However, I've developed a way to retrieve the user name on the computer using a script, but it's a bit of a hack and requires installing a script on the local machine of each user. If you can do that and are interested in purchasing this code feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0