• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow displaying PDFs modified/generated in Javascript after Feb. Update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello this is breaking our PDF workflow after the Feb. Acrobat DC update. We are using Action Wizard to invoke Javascripts to loop through open PDF documents and extract pages containing certain phrases. Here is the code fragment:

for (var p = 0; p < src.numPages; p++) {
            // iterate over all words
            for (var n = 0; n < src.getPageNumWords(p) - 1; n++) {
                if (src.getPageNthWord(p, n) == "Search " && src.getPageNthWord(p, n+1) == "Phrase") {
                    pageArray.push(p);
                    break;
                }
            }
        }

if (pageArray.length > 0)
        {
            var oNewDoc = this.extractPages({nStart: pageArray[0], nEnd: pageArray[0]});
            for (var n = 1; n < pageArray.length; n++) {
                oNewDoc.insertPages( {
                    nPage: oNewDoc.numPages-1,
                    cPath: src.path,
                    nStart: pageArray[n],
                    nEnd: pageArray[n],
                } );
            }      
            oNewDoc.saveAs(tgtPath);
            src.closeDoc(true);
        }

Can someone help me on resolving this? Also, where can I find the installer for older version of Acrobat DC, pre Feburary 2021?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

First time dealing with Adobe support and very dissapointed. Community support almost does not exist. Phone support is a joke: after much efforts to get a call back, the support guy cannot understand my issue at all after I tried to slow down and explain twice. The third time? He just muted me(?) and stopped responding to me at all.

Anyway, for any other unlucky souls out there looking for a solution: this is a regression of Feb. 2021 update. I ended up finding an outdated acrobat dc installer (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

It worked fine until last week, probably after the Feb. update was installed

The symtom is that after the javascript run, it takes a long time to display the generated PDFs in Acrobat. Saving seems not to be the issue here since the saved PDFs are complete if I kill the Acrobat process and reopen them.

It does not happen with every PDF document, but a lot, to the point that the workflow is not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help still needed. Anyway to revert to previous build of Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First time dealing with Adobe support and very dissapointed. Community support almost does not exist. Phone support is a joke: after much efforts to get a call back, the support guy cannot understand my issue at all after I tried to slow down and explain twice. The third time? He just muted me(?) and stopped responding to me at all.

Anyway, for any other unlucky souls out there looking for a solution: this is a regression of Feb. 2021 update. I ended up finding an outdated acrobat dc installer (hint: dark web), then applied the novemeber 2020 patch on it (Google "acrobat dc msp", or direct link here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousnovember202.... It is ridicules that a paying customer has to go this length just to install an older build. Rest assured, I will get rid of Adobe from my workflow the first chance I get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines