Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos in interactive PDF will not play in Acrobat XI

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have designed a file in InDesign CC 2020, which contains an .mp4 video on one page. When exported as an interactive PDF, the video plays fine in my Acrobat Pro DC software, but my client (who is using Acrobat XI) cannot play the video. I understand that Flash Player will no longer be supported after 2020 so am wondering if this may be linked.

The file will be used on multiple devices (mainly tablet) once the project is signed off, so I assume the video will need to be supported for various versions of Acrobat.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannahh,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the client using Acrobat XI is not able to play the video embedded in the PDF file.

As mentioned the video is playing fine in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Acrobat XI is an old and EOL application please ask the user to use the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC and check.

End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version

Adobe strongly recommends that you upgrade to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By upgrading installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your reply.

No problem, I will ask my client if she can upgrade her Acrobat to the latest version. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines