Highlighted

View Adobe PDF results not working when printing to an Adobe printer

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to preview pdfs after I printed to the Adobe printer.  I had to reinstall Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and set up the Adobe pdf printer and now they will not preview.  

I think I've looked at everything I can online and it must be something in my settings for Acrobat as the settings for the printer are correct.  I have the View Adobe PDF results box checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I hate having to close all my windows to open the pdf from the desktop.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

View Adobe PDF results not working when printing to an Adobe printer

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to preview pdfs after I printed to the Adobe printer.  I had to reinstall Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and set up the Adobe pdf printer and now they will not preview.  

I think I've looked at everything I can online and it must be something in my settings for Acrobat as the settings for the printer are correct.  I have the View Adobe PDF results box checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I hate having to close all my windows to open the pdf from the desktop.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused. I see that you looking for the missing Preview option after reinstalling Acrobat Acrobat Standard. Just to understand better, would like to know which preview window you are referring to?

-Is it the preview on print dialog box, while selecting to "Adobe PDF" printer

-Or After printing to Adobe PDF printer there's Save As window that should asks where to save your new pdf, but now its missing.

- If you could share the screenshot, that would be super helpful.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.  I select the printer and print.  It does ask me for where to save the file which I enter as I have always done.  But then Adobe just saves it and does not open Acrobat automatically so I can see it.I have to do that manually which is not hard but I print a lot like this and it is great when it opens up itself.  Here is a copy of my options on the printer.  As you can see I have the View results box checked.  Let me know if you need to see anything else.  Thanks.

dburnswinn2020_0-1593610999439.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dburnswinn2020 - Was your issue resolved? I do not see a response to the information you submitted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0