• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View all comments in Acrobat PDF upon opening file

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was recently sent a PDF with comments on a 20 page document.  Upon opening, the comments side bar only showed 1 comment on page 2.  However, once scrolling through, more comments appeared in the side bar.  Is there a way to show ALL comments upon opening the document, rather than having to scroll through for them to appear? (I remember using an older Acrobat version and this was not a problem.)

Currently using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2020.013.

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are not able to see all the comments in the pdf file in the right hand side comments pane.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF with comments and check.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to open and view comments? Is the file stored on a shared network/drive? If yes, please download and save the file to your computer locally and check.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20135 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, in the comment pane in the right hand side click on the filter icon on the top and make sure all the 'Types' (Sticky notes, highlights, text box ,etc) are selected, click Apply and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

In addition to Amal's response, would request you to check if the coments are added on separte pages . If yes, then you will have to scroll down to each page to see the comments on that respective page. 

Else please share us the PDF on which you are observing this issue. 

Regards

Mehak 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Sorry I forgot to reply. Thank you for your message. This issue might be particular to this PDF, as I tried another PDF and all the comments appear in the side bar upon opening. I have also updated to the latest version.

In response to Mehak's response - does it mean that comments will only appear once you scroll?  As mentioned above, when I tried another PDF, all the comments appeared upon opening, without me scrolling (ie I knew there was 20 comments in the file when i opened it).

What if I have a 100 page doc, for example, do I have to scroll through every page to find all the comments?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines