• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visible text in Text fields

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using Acrobat 11 and have been asked to update an old form.  The form has a number of text fields and general text.   In the current form there is some text displayed that indicates the information that is required.  This text is always visible until the filler accesses the field.  (it is not a hover over tooltip).   I cannot work out how this was done previously and can see no such text in the field properties.

See attached file.  The fields in question are Name: - (Given names/s) and (Surname),  email: (Please provide a current addresss.....)   If I change any of the field properties, the displayed text dissapears. 

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form was created with Livecycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might still have access to LCD if you have Acrobat Pro XI. I would STRONGLY recommend you convert your form to a regular PDF file, though, as this editor is no longer bundled with Acrobat and needs to be purchased separately, and also this format is becoming less and less supported and more and more difficult to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone. Will look at upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines