• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to create 1000 raffle tickets with a text field that auto populates the numbers

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for the best suggestion as to how to best create 1000 raffle tickets for my company. We'd like to give each participant a unique number from a list we have, so we can later draw the number from that same list.

I would LOVE to receive your ideas on how to best create this as it will likely be a recurring event in the company culture. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on what you want. Do you want 1000 seperate PDF files, each with a single page that is a rafle ticket with a unique number? Or something else? Also, do you currently have a list that associates each employee with a corresponding number? If so, what format is in (e.g., spreadsheet, text file, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply George! Well, ideally 4 raffle tickets fit per A4 paper format, meaning that every page would have 4 unique codes within each paper once printed. If this is not possible, I would somehow have to think of some feasible alternative. I'm open to suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's certainly possible, but it will require some simple programming, which would most easily be done with JavaScript within Acrobat. But that's a problem for someone who's not experienced with such things, and there's no built in method to do what you want.

I'm about to go to sleep soon, but I'll check back tomorrow to see if I can be help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! Thank you in advance for thinking with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, this will require using a custom-made script. I've created a (paid-for) tool that does something very similar to what you described: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-create-copies-with-unique-codes

The main difference is that you want to have four codes on each page, which complicates things a bit, but I could certainly adjust the tool for you to do that. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic has been read more than 48000 times, because it gives several solutions and several scripts to solve this old problem. You must be logged in to access attachments (Google translate is your friend):

https://abracadabrapdf.net/forum/index.php/topic,1207.msg6330.html#msg6330

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines