• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning Empty Page only on one page of tagged, accessible pdf

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a pdf from a word document and spent several hours carefully correcting the tags so everything will be read in the correct order. Good news: the pdf is read in the correct order... but only on 5 out of 6 pages. The first page of the file says warning empty page, despite the fact that I have correctly tagged text boxes and headings, etc. The only things marked as figures and artifacts are, in fact, figures and artifacts. Just like on all the other pages. And I know it can't be a problem with OCR like some others have reported because it isn't a scanned page.

Also, if I click on the areas of the page with text individually (the heading for example, or an article) the text reader will read that section aloud. So I know it recognizes the sections as words and can read them, but not as part of the whole document.

I'd love to actually hear from someone at Adobe to trouble shoot this. It is time sensitive and accessibility is very important to my organization and our populations served. Thanks.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Really impossible to diagnose without inspecting the document. Does everything look kosher in the Content pane as well as the Tags pane? Have you tested using PAC 2 or 3 (PDF Accessibility Checker PAC - Stiftung «Zugang für alle» ) and a real screen reader or emulator - like the one built into PAC? If you are relying on Adobe's 'Read Out Loud' feature for testing, please don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really impossible to diagnose without inspecting the document. Does everything look kosher in the Content pane as well as the Tags pane? Have you tested using PAC 2 or 3 (PDF Accessibility Checker PAC - Stiftung «Zugang für alle» ) and a real screen reader or emulator - like the one built into PAC? If you are relying on Adobe's 'Read Out Loud' feature for testing, please don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact same issue, and I have tried:

1. Correcting the tag structure

2. Correcting the reading order

3. Searching the tags for any stray nullText elements

It is occuring when I use both NVDA and the built in reader. I have asked this question in general and I have yet to recieve an answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines