• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

watermark is always showed on Mac Preview

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding a watermark with Acrobat DC, with option only showing when printing, I open the file again on Mac Preview. The watermark is always there, even for reading on computer, not printing yet.

Testing on Acrobat Reader DC, MS Edge seems fine. However, viewing on Safari is also showing the watermark all the time.

So, the watermark is not Mac-friendly? Or am I missing something?

Please advice.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Preview is known to be a very buggy application. In fact, it corrupts PDF files (especially with form fields) just by opening them. You should report this issue to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Apple Preview almost exclusively and have never had any trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Preview (aka "the PDF killer") is preview software that opens PSD, JPEG, DOCX, XLSX, PDF, etc.

But you don't expect it to have the same functionality as Photoshop, Word, or Excel, so why believe it can have the same functionality as Acrobat?

Apple Preview has not changed in depth since the publication of these articles, which are still relevant:

http://khkonsulting.com/2013/06/preview-app-killer-of-pdf-files/

http://duff-johnson.com/2014/04/07/apples-preview-still-not-safe-for-work/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i discovered this issue on my iPhone, but I thought it might be Safari related. Then a customer brought it to my attention on her mac using chrome. I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat reader app thinking surely they would honor their own feature. I was sadly let down as this app is not a solution to view the book I poured 2 years of my life into making. Now, I can find no option but to remove the watermark alltogether to attempt to recover from a spoiled customer experience with my first graphic intensive book. I had hoped to have something to discourage plagarism without going crazy on it, but I am so let down by these "apex" companies who seem not to vet their products to insure they do what they say.

The resaon I purchased Adobe DC in the first place was to do this and to fix all the mangled bookmark order Indesign exported. I really am not fealing the value in this product right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the issue you're facing, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines