• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark Saved Settings Not Saving

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add a new watermark, click the File radio button in the Source selection, select a PDF file, make some adjustments to the Scale setting and then click the Save Settings... button.  I enter a name for the setting, save it and it shows up in the Saved Settings dropdown.

I open a new PDF, add a new watermark, select the Saved Settings entry I created earlier but it does not load the file or the scale changes and displays an error "No source text was entered. Please enter some text and try again." when I click OK.  This worked perfectly on Acrobat XI but does not work on any of our DC installations.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

I found a solution for this problem,

If you make a watermark template and use millimeters as the position settings and then try to use that template again you won't see the watermark since it's not using millimeters anymore.

I changed the position settings to inches and saved the template and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevinm24889464,

As per the designed behavior, when you create and save a watermark setting in Adobe Acrobat DC, it should let you use the exact saved settings without having to make any adjustments or reselect the file, if this is not working it could be a case of corrupted preferences.

Please refer to the below thread on how to reset Acrobat Preferences:

How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Please reply to confirm if this resolved the issue or not.

-Harsha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that did not correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you confirm, the file that you are choosing, is it saved locally  on your computer or on a network/external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the file selected is saved locally, the Saved Settings works as it should. When the file is on a network drive, none of the settings are saved. We confirmed that the XML file is it supposed to create in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Preferences\Watermark is blank when the file is from the network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please check and confirm if this network location is somehow a roaming/temporary location? Or is it possible that somehow the source file is being moved from the network location as i tried to replicate the issue on my end and it works fine even if the source file is stored on a network drive.

Also it may be related to the permissions on the network drive for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The network location is not temporary or roaming. The files selected are in the same location they have been for many months and which worked perfectly with Acrobat v11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry – I overlooked the second part of your post. I am the network administrator so there is no user permissions issue with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details.

Please also provide me the below information:

-the environment on which Acrobat DC is installed

-whether the machine is connected to a domain or not

Also confirm, have your tried testing it on another user account on the same machine and if you are still facing the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every machine on which we have installed Acrobat DC has the same issue. All machines are Windows 7 64-bit and are connected to a domain. All users are administrators on their machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Could you please try to logging on to the domain admin on any of the machines and try reproducing the issue there?

see if it works there or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged on as the domain administrator and nothing changed – it still does not bring up the network file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have this exact same problem but only if I change the language to English.

I am using Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 (2015.006.30306) running on Windows 7 64-bits.

The default language of my company's applications/OS is in Swedish and watermark templates works fine when Adobe is in Swedish but if I switch it to English this problem occurs.

We have tried with the watermark files (PDF/PNG/JPG) on different drives, both locally and on network storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for this problem,

If you make a watermark template and use millimeters as the position settings and then try to use that template again you won't see the watermark since it's not using millimeters anymore.

I changed the position settings to inches and saved the template and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my wartermark after positioning using MM. When I load watermark doesn't come up. BUT... if I change my settings to MM before I load the watermark - then load it ... IT WORKS!!! This post really helped. Bit baffled as to why we need to do this but happy we found a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similiar problem.

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, have had no problems previously adding watermarks. However, now I can add the watermark and use it on that document, but when I access the saved watermark in a new document, it hasn't saved the source file. My source file is a jpg of a stamp. It is almost the same file size as its predecessor.

I have tried using millimeters in the position settings, even defaulted my settings to millimeters. I have tried created new saved templates, saving over old templates. But for some reason the source file never saves.

It only happens with the source file. If I update or add new text, that watermark saves fine as a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Deleted everything, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, re-saved Watermarks, etc.  Everytime I go back into Adobe DC to select a watermark, all the settings for appearance and position go to what matches for the watermark, but the file location says <no source file selected>  

We've tried this with both mapped drives to the network, as well as the actual network path, and both have the same result.  It only started doing this in late fall, and now I'm at the point where it is driving me nuts.

CGLtax_0-1612538300818.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows the xml files of the watermarks are saved at:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Preferences\Watermark

Open the xml file in a text editor and look for the path of the image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file path is correct in the XML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the image file exists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It exists. This is not a simple troubleshoot.  I've done all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
So pretty much, just save the Watermark file under the Users folder on Windows, that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Goto C Drive, Users, and select the User folder Name, and save the Watermark file there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines