• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark with PNG

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the Watermark tool in Acrobat Pro 2017.  It won't let me choose a PNG file, which for obvious reasons is the format I use for watermarking.

My question is, with no apparent ability to load a PNG, how do I use this function?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

You don't need to select a file with transparency. The watermark will automatically appear behind the contents of the page when you insert it, if you select that option under "Location".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to select a file with transparency. The watermark will automatically appear behind the contents of the page when you insert it, if you select that option under "Location".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put a watermark over an image, so I would need to use a png for the watermark image to not have a white background.  Is this possible with Acrobat DC?  I need the overlaying image to be in the same location for multiple pages, which is why I was trying to add it as a watermark instead of a layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if your document background isn't solid white? This seems like a very surprising restriction, especially considering the purpose of a watermark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my reply above? The one marked as Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, when you have a document background that isn't solid white (like a full bleed image), then setting the watermark to appear behind the document means you don't see it at all on those pages. Is there a way to use a PNG file or some other work around for documents that aren't just plain white?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having troubles with this as well. Doesn't seem like Adobe allow PNG files anymore for watermarking, which is silly because the older version had it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure this out too but no where on the internet can i get an answer for this. Older version Adobe works fine with PNG watermarking but new one has very little solutions. I am waiting for someone to answer this as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a PDF file from the png file and use it at the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

giphy.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked liked Charm - Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with the newest version of acrobat reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader doesn't have the option to add watermarks in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding but I don't have the reader version. I have the full DC pro version that I pay monthly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person I replied to said they had Acrobat Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the pro dc version monthly payments 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And are you able to watermark PNG files, transparent background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines