• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web link in PDF document

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to apply a web link to an entire PDF document, not to only one phrase or item within in. Adobe tech support has shown me how to it, but then said the link will not work when the PDF

document is opened on someone else's computer. Does that make any sense?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to apply a web link to a PDF file.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to apply the link? Are you trying to link to other locations in the same document, to other electronic documents including attachments, or to websites?

For more information about adding links to PDF, please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.

I did all of the steps outlined on the Help page you sent. The link goes to a page on a website, and the link does work when I click anywhere in the PDF document.

My question is whether the link remains hot when someone else downloads the PDF to their computer, and clicks anywhere in the document. Adobe tech support told me it will not work on someone else's computer. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Is there a way for me to share the PDF document to you, so you can try the link? If so, please advise.

Best wishes,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, a link that is added to yoru PDF file (and saved in the PDF file) will work on somebody elses computer as well as long they are using a PDF viewer that can work with links. If they are using Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader, there will not be a problem. 

I don't know what trick customer support has shown you, but if it involves real links, it should work. Can you elaborate on how you are adding the link? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.

I did all of the steps outlined on this Adobe Help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html. The link goes to a page on a website, and the link does work when I click anywhere in the PDF document.

For people who do not have the ability to open a PDF document, I also posted a JPEG image of the document. Of course, any linked objects and/or URL text in PDF file are not hot in a JPEG file. But at least those people could download and print a static version of the document, if they so desire.

Best wishes,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, what you are producing with these instructions are real links, and as I've mentioned before, these links will work when others open the document in a PDF viewer that supports links. This means that there should not be any problems with your documents as far as the links are concerned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Karl. I appreciate your guidance.

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines