Webpage form info inserted into a PDF file

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,
I am working on creating a PDF Form of a Character sheet for a game I play with some friends. The character creation process is a bit messy, so I have begun creating a form, but then a cool idea came to mind.

Is it possible for me to build a web page on my site where the players can FILL out a form THERE and then export the info into the PDF I am currently working on. BUT, the catch is, the PDF has to retain it's qualities like text fields that can be filled out and changed later, etc.

My goal is to have a webform where they go, fill in their stats and info, fill in their email address and, once they put in what they want (as much or as little), the click a button and a PDF is sent to them with the elements they filled in already in it. It would be an interactive PDF of course, but the concept is for them to have the website as well as an additional resource to create the character sheet.

IS this doable without having to buy some third party software? Is this something that Acrobat, via CSS and/or HTML can be done?
IF so, please if I can find where to get the code and instructions that would be wonderful. My CSS skills are very limited and I don't know any Javascriping. I just kinda use others code, figure it out and go from there.

Looking forward to finding out if this is possible and where to get the code to do it.

Thank you everyone.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit out of my scope. If you know enough web I suppose you could generate an .fdf, .xfdf or .xml that you can load in a PDF via Import data. I would first make the fillable form, export the data from that and study the structure, then create a webpage to generate the required file. Seeing the date of the post I hope you found an alternate solution 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat - no, it's a personal license only. And completely technically unsuitable.

HTML and CSS - they have no PDF generation capabilities. You would need server software or some kind of JavaScript PDF creation library, if that even exists. This is a serious and complex problem. Third party software is the least of it.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines