• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website to PDF with Acrobat Pro 8 - font size is twice of web pages

Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 8.0.0 on Windows 10 to convert a local website to a PDF file.  When I do the convert, the text inside the PDF is twice the size of that on web page displayed with Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.  Images are the same size in both.  Website uses css to define body{ font-size: 15px;} and certain portions of site as .bg{ font-size: 12px;}.  PDF shows both twice the size.  PDF re-distributes text because of double size.

Are there updates available for Pro 8.0.0 that I need?  Have tried the Help>Update. 

Is there something special I need to do to have the font size equivalent?

Thanks,

RONC

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is truly ancient. There have not been updates since Acrobat 9 was released 11 years ago. The current version is Acrobat DC, but I suspect this is a difference of philosophy rather than a bug and will not have changed even in the current Acrobat DC. Redistributing text may be undesirable, but it is part of what to expect. PDF is not a way to archive the exact (or even approximate) look of a web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the font from Arial to Helvetica fixed the layout and about half the overall size difference.

Adobe should have a less expensive version of Acrobat. 

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines