Highlighted

Weird activity on Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something unusual happen today with Acrobat. I had only just turned on my laptop and not even opened Acrobat when I received a text from +18442002305 stating X number is my Adobe code. I then opened Acrobat and found the first screen asking for the code, stating that it needed to verify my account. I then went through the process of entering several codes, both from the number mentioned then from Adobe itself (in messages to my phone) and then to my email. Once I'd done that, it said my account was verified but then without (Not Responding) showing in the dialogue box, the dialogue box actually became unresponsive and whenever I tried to click on something all I got was a sound on my laptop meaning I couldn't access anything on Acrobat. I had to go through Task Manager to close TWO Acrobat's down (there should only have been one open) and then reopen it. Can someone please explain to me what has just happened and if this is usual, please? Also, can you please verify that the number is either legit or not legit? Thanks.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird activity on Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something unusual happen today with Acrobat. I had only just turned on my laptop and not even opened Acrobat when I received a text from +18442002305 stating X number is my Adobe code. I then opened Acrobat and found the first screen asking for the code, stating that it needed to verify my account. I then went through the process of entering several codes, both from the number mentioned then from Adobe itself (in messages to my phone) and then to my email. Once I'd done that, it said my account was verified but then without (Not Responding) showing in the dialogue box, the dialogue box actually became unresponsive and whenever I tried to click on something all I got was a sound on my laptop meaning I couldn't access anything on Acrobat. I had to go through Task Manager to close TWO Acrobat's down (there should only have been one open) and then reopen it. Can someone please explain to me what has just happened and if this is usual, please? Also, can you please verify that the number is either legit or not legit? Thanks.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not unusual to be aske dto verify who you are if you have logged into Adobe on a new device or an application you have not used before. It is unusual for you to be sent a verification without having done anything to pompt it. 

Did you get sent a new verification number beyond the first that you used?

I'd suggest caution with going to a site in a SMS or through an email that you don't recognise. Rather go to the customer site directly or in a case like yours, open Acrobat and follow the steps. Since you verified via email and SMS, it sounds like those were legit.

As for the phone number you mention, I don't know if that is an Adobe one or not. When I get a SMS from Adobe, it just shows the Adobe name. If you are concerned, you can ask Customer Care:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group