• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are these circles/half circles in my fillable form and how do I remove them?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm editing a fillable form and there are these strange circles that I can't figure out how to remove. When I right-click on them I see no option to delete them, and I can add things on top of them, but they still show from behind. It's like they are some sort of watermark on the document. Any ideas? Thanks!

defaultfp9pa97l2b33_1-1599056084086.png

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Seems like the original PDF was printed to PDF and some of the objects that weren't transparent were flattened during the postscripting task.

If that is the case it should be easy to remove that type of static content by using the "Edit PDF" tool. 

Your screenshot shows that you're using the "Prepare Form" tool. So switch to "Edit PDF" and you'll be able to edit those similar to when you  work with a MS Word  document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the original PDF was printed to PDF and some of the objects that weren't transparent were flattened during the postscripting task.

If that is the case it should be easy to remove that type of static content by using the "Edit PDF" tool. 

Your screenshot shows that you're using the "Prepare Form" tool. So switch to "Edit PDF" and you'll be able to edit those similar to when you  work with a MS Word  document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it! I swapped to "Edit PDF" and was able to select them. Clicking Delete did nothing, BUT clicking Cut worked. I had to remove the circles in layers (3 for each) but I got it done. Thank you for the quick and helpful response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be noted that those circles appear in the preview as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Redaction Tool of Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines