• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when combine files into single pdf the image quality is reduced why?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

when I select combine files into a single pdf the image quality is being reduced, I am combining multiple PDFs and the image quality was 300dpi in the original pdfs but after I combine them and before I saw the combing file the images are now less then 150dpi, I have check all the settings and preferences on my computer and my fellow operator's computer and all the settings are the same, when he does the exact same thing on his computer the combined file is High Res and the image quality is 300 the same as the original files, but when I combine the files the images become Low Res and the quality is poor, is there a setting somewhere that I ahem missed  that controls how files are combined into a single pdf.

Need your expertise to solve this issue

Thanks Tony C

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony C,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Try using "Larger File size" option" under Combine files > Options and check if that helps. (below is the screenshot)

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem that Tony C. I already did choose the "larger file size" option, but it doesn´t make any difference. And I don´t have the possibility to change any other property before combining.
Any other help we could have?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pauls,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

When combining images quality is lower

Adobe Acrobat is lowering the quality of my scanned pages during its "optimization" process. http:/...

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and topic referenced are no longer online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, you'd think that for such a large and robust product, you'd get better support.

2021 and I'm trying to find an answer to this same issue. Image quality is degraded to a ridiculous level when I combine several files into a PDF in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonyc32445412 @pauls8054244 , try this modify the values here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a champion. Thanks for ur help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! It doesn't solve it fully but its a lot better, thanks! Also, classic adobe forums standard, the real adobe folks are never the ones who help you in the end. Their service is quite laughable at times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An absolute chad! Thanks for your help bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines