• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I combine several JPG's into a pdf, why does it seemingly randomly rotate them in various orientations?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am combining several JPG's into a pdf document and then using various markup functions to leave notes on them.

When I combine the JPG's, Acrobat seems to randomly assign orientation to the photos. Some will stay upright, some will be rotated 90 degrees to the left or right, and some will be upside down all within the same document. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to orientation. Hope someone has had some experience with this and will be able to provide some insight. Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

I'm thinking this might be related to how the digital camera captured them?

• Do you have Adobe Bridge by any chance?
  • See if you are able to preview all the PDFs, and if any appear rotated, rotate them in Bridge (There's two little rotation icons in the tool bar at the top of Bridge).
  • Else try and open the JPEG that's rotated in Photoshop and see if it appears rotated there, and rotate the Image in Photoshop and resale.

You can also rotate individual pages in Acrobat if needed to correct the problem:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm thinking this might be related to how the digital camera captured them?

• Do you have Adobe Bridge by any chance?
  • See if you are able to preview all the PDFs, and if any appear rotated, rotate them in Bridge (There's two little rotation icons in the tool bar at the top of Bridge).
  • Else try and open the JPEG that's rotated in Photoshop and see if it appears rotated there, and rotate the Image in Photoshop and resale.

You can also rotate individual pages in Acrobat if needed to correct the problem:

• Choose View > Tools > Organise Pages > Open
  • Select the pages that require rotation and click the 90-degree counterclockwise or clockwise icons to rotate the pages.
    rotate-pages.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines