• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When printing, second page is always blank

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print from Acrobat DC Pro for Mac (which is updated), the second page is always blank while the rest is double-sided.  I want it all double-sided (and the printer is a duplex printer).  Tinkering with the print dialogue box didn't fix it. Print-preview doesn't show the second page as blank. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancym,

As mentioned above, while printing second page is always blank. Are you referring to a specific multi-page PDF or this is a case with all the files? How exactly this PDF was generated, is it exported from any other file format?

What is the current version of Acrobat DC you are working on? Open Acrobat>About Acrobat DC

It would be easier for us to understand, if you can share a sample PDF file. Can we have the file?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email address that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akanccha.  The second page of all multi-page PDFs prints blank.

My Acrobat DC Pro version is the most current on-line version - continuous update 2019.012.20034. 

I found that if I save the document to my desktop, open it with Acrobat Reader, and then print the document, the second page doesn't print in blank.

Do you still need a sample PDF?  The PDFs originate from multiple sources.

I use a MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.5, updated automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancym,

I apologize for missing reply to your last message. As you have shared above-

I found that if I save the document to my desktop, open it with Acrobat Reader, and then print the document, the second page doesn't print in blank.

Does it mean the earlier your PDFs weren't saved locally? Were you printing them directly from web, email or wherever it was available?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email address that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, every single file does. But when I reverse the page order the problem is solved. Looks like it is a bug. No problem when using other software except Adobe. I also use Mac in Mojave os, 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company I work for have the same issue, was this ever resolved? 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Were you able to resolve this issue for Nancym...the second page always printing blank?  Acrobat does not appear to have responded to the subsequent conversation entries.

I have been having this issue for some time and have not been able to resolve or find a fix on the web.  As Nancym noted, print preview does not show the secind page blank and Apple Preview prints the document without difficulty.  Using Catalina 10.15.4 and Acrobat Pro DC 2020.006.20042.

Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards

Christo

CA+Associates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I always have this same exact problem!

Another way to describe it is that when I print a multipage PDF the first page prints single-sided, after that, the rest of the pages print double-sided.

Please let us know if this gets resolved! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was this problem ever rsolved?  the blanks are getting very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had the same problem for quite some time, I've always been using the latest Acrobat and OS. I've just bought a new printer and the issue is still there (so it's not the printer's fault) it's an Acrobat issue. Would be great if someone could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Adobe Support at length and no resolution.  Then I tinkered with the Adobe print dialogue menu (not the printer dialogue menu)...have you tried ticking the 'Reverse Pages' box?  It worked for me...it is now permanently ticked and no further problems.

Regards

Christo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked PERFECTLY! Thanks for taking the time to post, Christo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. Turns out the exact same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellooooo Adobe, 

would you fix this this for chrissake!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two suggestions (well ... workarounds) that worked for me.

1. Check the 'reverse pages' box under the 'more options' drop down menu in the Adobe print dialogue box (as suggested above in this thread).

acrobat print.jpg

2. Add a blank page to the end of the document when you have an uneven number of pages to print and you wish to print double sided...

Insert blank page.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. 

I'd noticed that when duplex printing an odd number of pages, the first side is left blank (while I would normally expect the last side to be blank), so it makes perfect sense that selecting 'reverse pages' will fix the issue. 

It does seem strange that adobe haven't fixed this yet though. 

I can't use your second suggestion though, as I don't have the option to edit pdfs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept getting this problem printing 2 pages per side from a pdf document. If you want to print two pages per sheet across a landscape page, and print on both sides (so you print 2 pages of the pdf on each side of one sheet of A4), you need to do this:

1. Reverse the pages as mikecd says above.

2. Check "Two-sided: Short edge binding" from the 'Layout' menu

3. Check the "Scale to fit paper size" check box in the 'Paper handling' menu of the printer dialogue box. Other wise the second side of the paper will print upside down when you turn the page in a landscape direction (short edge bound).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years after, this problem it's still withy me and no answers from Adobe.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try either of the methods that I suggested directly above? The checking of 'reverse pages' I have on permanently now, and it has solved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of a sudden, this is now happening to me. Printing 'reverse pages' is a work-around, not a solution. Still no fix from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines