• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when saving a word doc to a pdf the pages expand (one page becomes two)

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I save a word doc as a pdf, the work expands. I have when saving a word doc to a pdf the work expands. For example - I have a two page document that must remain two pages but saving it to a pdf, it turns into three pages.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Editing & Exporting PDFs​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions work. I am working on a grant that needs to be two pages and a pdf. The pdf is now three pages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word changes layouts. That's what it does. Send it to someone else, buy a new printer, upgrade, or make a PDF: text reflows, by design. Fiddle with it until you get a PDF how you want it, then the PDF won't change. Or make the original in an app which respects page layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have already done some of this. Tried the rest. Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you converting the Word file to PDF?

Do you have Adobe Acrobat, if so, which version? And what version of Office?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have Acrobat - part of Creative Cloud so it's up to date. Word is 2016. I am simply save as a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an internal function of Word, not related to Acrobat. You should be using the PDFMaker plugin under the Acrobat ribbon, or the Adobe PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the "Adobe PDF" printer as your default printer in the Windows control panel. Once you do that, reformatting the Word document should use the information from the PDF printer, and when you then actually print (or convert to PDF) to this printer, Word should no longer reformat the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. But Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the "A4" size in the word doc page set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shank...that doesnt work, my pdf is still 2 pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I encountered this issue when using word on my Macbook. Tried using cmd + P (print the file) and then on the bottom left there's an option named "pdf". You can choose to save the "printed" pdf which is usually the same as how it looks in word. Hope it can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines