• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When signing, tool automatically turns into type tool instead of X

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several documents that I need to check the box for yes or no, so I'm trying to use the X tool under the Sign options in Acrobat Pro. Every time I hover over a box, it turns into the Type Tool even though I have the X tool selected. So I end up having to click my X in a blank part of the form and then move my X to the box, which is annoying when you have lots of these forms to fill out. I'm attaching a screenshot to show what I mean.

Is there any way to stop it from turning into the type tool and overriding my decision to use the X tool?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described every time you hover over a box, it turns into the Type Tool even though you have the X tool selected.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check if that works fine.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening on all PDFs. My version is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001.20145. I followed the directions for resetting my preferences and the issue continued. I also created a brand new administrator account on my PC and the issue existed there as well. Maybe the documents have text fields in the boxes and Adobe refuses to put Xs over them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the PDF file with us as described here (https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html) for testing so that w can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

I uploaded it to my post below, after scrubbing it of any confidential information. Can you download it from my post?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns into the Type Tool at places where it looks like text fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought maybe it was text fields too (which shouldn't matter if I have the X tool selected - at least in my user-mind; it seems like I should just be able to place Xs over whatever I want, even if it is a text field), but I hit edit on the document and didn't see any. Here's a copy attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines