• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when trying to change email on account, I get a message that the "new" email is already in use

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the main email that my account is registered under, as it is under a previous employee's email address. I want to change it to my email. 

Whenever I share documents, they appear as if they are coming from the prior employee's email.  I have changed my profile name, so that it has my actual name, but I haven't been able to change the account email address successfully. 

I have removed my email as the secondary email on the account.  I have also deleted an unused Adobe account registered under my email.  But when I try to change the active account's email to my address, it tells me 'email already used'.  

I tried logging in to Adobe using my email, and got a notice that my account had been deleted, which is as it should be.  So, why can't I set my email address as the primary one on the active account?  

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't reuse an deleted account right away. Some people report that in a few months you can. Really, you needed to get Adobe to sort this out for you, or your local admin if it is an enterprise account.

(Note to readers: the regular retail licenses for Acrobat CANNOT be reassigned to a new person, it is a breach of the license. Yes, even if the company pays and the member of staff leaves; they get to keep the subscription as a gift from the company, who cannot cancel the account or payment. Other possibilities exist for team and enterprise account.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines