Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where can I find free older version of acrobat pro

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I once found a link at Adobe.com where I could download a free, complete install (not free trial) of Acrobat Pro.  I mean a real old version like 6, 7 or 8.  I would like to find this again to install on my current PC.  Does anyone know where I can do this?

thanks, in advance

Ian

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

On behalf of Adobe …

Let's kill a myth right now! There never, repeat never, repeat yet again never were any “free versions” of Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, etc. from Adobe.

What you may be referring to were web pages from a number of years back that provided access to downloads of certain older versions of Adobe applications and replacement serial numbers for same to remedy an issue whereby the activation servers for such versions were no longer accessible. Those downloads and serial numb

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There never was a free Acrobat Pro. Some web sites claimed Acrobat 7 was free and linked to it, but that as a lie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provided free versions of older no longer supported versions along with serial #s.  100% legit and directly from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were absolutely free versions of Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, etc. directly from Adobe. They were older versions without support. Adobe provided serial numbers and downloads. I need to find it again too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On behalf of Adobe …

Let's kill a myth right now! There never, repeat never, repeat yet again never were any “free versions” of Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, etc. from Adobe.

What you may be referring to were web pages from a number of years back that provided access to downloads of certain older versions of Adobe applications and replacement serial numbers for same to remedy an issue whereby the activation servers for such versions were no longer accessible. Those downloads and serial numbers were only for use by existing, paying customers that needed to reactivate software that they had already purchased a full, valid license for. These were not “freebies” for the general public.

Any person downloading, installing, and serializing such software without having previously purchased a license for same was doing so illegally. The web pages on which those downloads were made available were quite explicit about that.

Beyond the legal issues, you should be (painfully) aware that there is no current operating system version for which such older versions of Adobe software will fully and properly install.

If you indeed did purchase licenses for such old Adobe software versions and you had either registered your purchase with Adobe or have proof of such purchase, you may be able to get a download link if you directly contact Adobe Customer Care by phone.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines