• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has the check box gone?!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to Acrobat Pro CC 2009.008.20071 and now when I bring up a list of comments on a PDF design file there is no longer a check box to tick off changes as I go. I used to filter by unchecked comments to keep track of what fixes had been actioned. The check box is no longer there.

There are more approval options (completed/apprvoed/add check box etc) in the hamburger dropdown but that is surely not the process for checking off each edit?!

I have identified a temporary (but less good) workaround - (shift + k) which ticks the corner of the box but it doesn't then take you to the next comment as occurred previously, meaning that you need to click on the next one. This actually slows down workflow significantly in a graphic design setting where changes are actioned at speed and timed/. I have read in other forums that some designers used to press the space bar to tick and move to the next change to be even faster. @

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 198 Replies 198
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt make sense now you have to right click, scroll down, select than click. thats 4 times as much work. not funny at all when you are working your way through a magazine with over 1500 editorial corrections...

please put the checkbox back in!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I must support the opinion that the check box button removal vas fatal mistake. Have you ever vent through editing of comments for a book for instance? During whole editing process it can be hundreds of items – so instead of hundreads of clicks (checked/done) we have to do three time more now! Complete nonsense!  — So, please do not considere to give check box back – Just do it, as qiuck as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the check boxes back! It's an important part of the proofing/correcting workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please re-implement the comment checkbox post haste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ 1 for checkbox back please, that was a fast and easy way to keep track of which comments were added. In the mean time, I think I’ll go back to version 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I go back to version 18? (win 10) Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a huge blow to our productivity where we rely on those check boxes to filter through changes as we update source files. we sometimes have hundreds of comments to go through in a single doc. changing the check box so 1) it's not visible at a glance, and 2) is another click/step removed is adding needless time to an already monotonous task. don't consider changing this back, just change it back and stop ruining what should be the benchmark of pdf software/productivity. i've been on the phone with support for a few hours trying to revert to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back the check box...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 #CheckBoxBack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have 236 comments marked up on a report you've added 236 extra clicks to my workflow to check them all off!

Did anyone ask for this? Isn't the main principle of design function before form?

#CheckBoxBack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. If a given PDF contains hundreds of comments, it may not be a lot of extra time per comment, but the time it requires to right click and checkmark definitely adds up. Please add the checkbox back. Or have an option to toggle it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to sign whatever petition there is circulating to get the check box back where it belongs. It may seem like just one extra keystroke, but in a document with hundreds of comments, that adds up to alot of extra time wasted. bringbackmycheckbox​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring Back the check box!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Bring the checkbox back!!!

I am currently working on a round of editing with 310 edits. What used to be 310 steps is now 620. Times two because I always double check my work. Huge mistake by Adobe here. I wish I could revert back to the old version easily.

In addition, I can't filter by checked/unchecked because the program keeps freezing on me every time I try to filter. To say this is frustrating when on a big deadline is an understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another YES PLEASE bring it back. Also my clients wish I make less mistakes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the comment check-boxes are returned (hopefully soon!), consider using this (paid-for) tool I've developed in order to make the review process easier and faster: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Comments Review Tools

It allows you to quickly check (or un-check) multiple comments with a single command (all comments / selected comments / comments on the current page / comments by a specific author / etc.), and it even supports keyboard shortcuts for faster access.

Hopefully it will help reduce the strain until this problem is solved by Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$30? Are you for real mate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s normally more than double that. Get it at this price while you can. It’s a great deal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already pay for the software...which used to work just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tool offers many additional features that are missing from the application, even before this change, and now more than ever it can be useful to those who rely on the comment check-marks to do their work. I think it's a very fair price for such a powerful tool, which can save the user a lot of manual work (ie time, ie money).

I do agree that the basic functionality of the check-marks should be changed back to what it was in previous versions, though, which is why I greatly reduced the price, but I guess you can't satisfy everyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but this third party tool is by an independent developer. It is not by adobe. Developers like this create the tools and functionality that adobe will not. As an independent developer, he has the freedom to create useful tools that Acrobat users request, and his check mark tool is a perfect example of his desire to meet the needs of users. I highly encourage people to support that. It is a great tool and he is a great advocate for Acrobat users.

I agree that that the software used to work just fine. But until Adobe fixes the problem, Try67 is so generous in his offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a great tool but it's massively overpriced. $75 discounted down to $30? That's almost what I pay for my entire Adobe sub. The market won't bear that kind of cost. Drop it down to $5 and it would be useful AND affordable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The $30 is a one time price, not a monthly subscription fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. It's still $25 too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worst part of this "modernization" is that this literally happened while I was in the middle of a work day while I was editing documents. Suddenly *POFF! The checkbox is gone. Took me 30 minutes to figure out what happened and another 30 for Adobe support to tell me it was intentional. Your product team HAS to stop making changes simply for the sake of change. Do some research. Interview your customers. Maybe run a UX testing session before rolling out updates that double our workload. Bring back checkboxes by default!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines