• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has the "duplicate page" option gone? It was SO easy before just to click "duplicate" why on earth would anyone change that? how do I duplicate a page I am working on in A Pro X1

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the "duplicate page" option gone? It was SO easy before just to click "duplicate" why on earth would anyone change that? how do I duplicate a page I am working on in A Pro X1?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Hello Jamesjolly,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you want to copy/duplicate a PDF page using Acrobat Pro DC on Mac machine, Is that correct?

As correctly mentioned by Gilad D, you can open the Page Panel, and click the page and drag it while holding the CTRL key(for Windows).

For Mac: hold down the fn+option keys and click and drag the page you want to duplicate.

You can also copy a page within a PDF using page thumbnails:

• Open the PDF in Acr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Pages panel, make sure the zoom level is such that the entire page is visible, click the page and drag it while holding down Ctrl. When you drop it a copy of it will be added to that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really appreciate the help, but no, doesn't work, Im using A DC on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have ONE page done and I'm trying to simply duplicate it as a second page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac, click "option" and then drag the file beside itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to elaborate? What happens when you try to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, ensure your document is not Secured.

It will show (SECURED) in the header. If the document is secured, most likely you won't be able to duplicate the page. 

I faced this issue today as I tried to duplicate a page (because i wanted to print double-sided) and didn't realize that the document had been protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jamesjolly,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you want to copy/duplicate a PDF page using Acrobat Pro DC on Mac machine, Is that correct?

As correctly mentioned by Gilad D, you can open the Page Panel, and click the page and drag it while holding the CTRL key(for Windows).

For Mac: hold down the fn+option keys and click and drag the page you want to duplicate.

You can also copy a page within a PDF using page thumbnails:

• Open the PDF in Acrobat DC, and then choose Tools > Organize Pages or choose Organize Pages from the right pane.
  • The Organize Pages toolset is displayed in the secondary toolbar and the page thumbnails are displayed in the Document area.

Document area changes to display page thumbnails.

• Select one or more page thumbnails.
  • To copy a page, Ctrl-drag the page thumbnail to a second location.

For detailed information, you can refer to the following Adobe article Rotate, move, delete, and renumber PDF pages in Adobe Acrobat

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn not work. As someone else has asked, why on Earth would the duplicate page button be gone? It was so easy, and such a necessary command. ARG!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A duplicate page button was never available in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Pro and am using Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?  Its first level in its importance and functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't recall such a button ever existing in Acrobat, but it's possible to add it to the Tools panel (and later the Quick Tools toolbar) or the menu bar using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue and this post was a great help.  I especially love that it looks like Anand Sri used the release notes to showcase exactly where we could have learned about the change in the first place.  Bravo to you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is adobe so freaking complicated? Every time you want to do something simple one is required to follow some torturous set of steps.   All we want to do is copy a page out of a pdf and transfer it to an email (in this case, using Macbook).  You sit there for an hour trying to figure out which 8 steps you need to copy one page.  Its not counter intuitive, its non intuitive.  Ridiculous.  Does anyone know if there is an alternative to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag and drop the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can't drag it to a mail. Use the file as an attachment in the usual way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines