Highlighted

Which is the Adobe Product

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He there,

I would like to know wich Adobe products is best to choose. That, is I would like to scan document into pdf and be able to make changes and print it out. For example, I have a three pages hard copy of investment statements which I need to scan to pdf and make changes to the numbers and words and then give them to my students. Which Adobe product is best for this. Also, I need to keep the original size, colour, and font. Please help.

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Which is the Adobe Product

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He there,

I would like to know wich Adobe products is best to choose. That, is I would like to scan document into pdf and be able to make changes and print it out. For example, I have a three pages hard copy of investment statements which I need to scan to pdf and make changes to the numbers and words and then give them to my students. Which Adobe product is best for this. Also, I need to keep the original size, colour, and font. Please help.

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kofi,

First off, you do not say what operating system you are using and I only mention this becuase, as a Mac user, I only have access to either Adobe Reader (which will not help either of us), or Acrobat Pro DC. The application Acrobat DC is only availalbe on Windows and since I've never used this, I do not know how extensive and efficient it is compared to Acrobat Pro DC. 

Now that I have that stated, I need to add one other aspect: Acrobat Pro DC cannot, by itself, scan. Rather, it uses the software that came with your scanner to do the scanning. It often times seems invisible so users often are sure that Acrobat is doing the scanning but it's only an intermediary on the process. So if you have a scanner, you can already play around with scanning your documents to get the best quality. I do not know if your scanning software can also do OCR (some have that as an added feature), but most of those that I've encountered have verifying success/ability.

Lastly, keep in mind that OCR is not 100% perfect out the door. It can often mis-identify pairs of letters ("ri" can be seen as "n") and things like that. AND a lot of the success of OCR depends upon how good your original scan was.

Here is a blog I wrote for Adobe on getting good quality scans so you can get better quality OCR.

http://photosbycoyne.com/Gary's_Help/Scanning/clean-scanning.html

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks Gary.  I am using windows 10. So after scanning to the desktop, I can drag and drop the scanned document into Acrobat Pro DC to make any changes? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can drag the documents onto Acrobat to initate the OCR process. But as far as changes go, that depends on how extensive or limited the chagnes would be. 

For example, in a worst case scenario, if you added or removed enough text to (normally) cause text to overflow to the next page or back up to the current page, that will not work with Acrobat, it cannot do that.

On the other hand, if you're going to fix a date or a number or spell someone's name correctly, that is relatively easy to do with no consequenses. 

Simply, for extensive changes you would be best to export the completed document as a Word document and then worked in Word. HOWEVER, Acrobat will maintain the page structure concept when it exports into Word (there will be page breaks in the same locations as the PDF that need to be removed to make the page work like a normal Word document if you want the text to flow.)

Hope that helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing may be a problem. I suggest that the best use of your time would be in making up sample statements, rather than starting with paper. This would probably be done in Word or Excel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF