• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Version do I have?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to password protect a file and everyone at my office has adobe acrobat pro 2017. I am not sure if this means we have adobe 6.0 and later, adobe 7.0 and later, or adobe x and later. I need to know the version so I can pick the correct encryption level. thank you for the help, i really appreciate it.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to help->generate system report and where it says installed plug-ins look for version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of the encryption has nothing to do with your version, but with the one used by the person opening the file.

If in doubt choose the lowest one available. It's extremely unlikely anyone with a version of Reader prior to 6 will open the file. That version won't even run on 99.9% of computers nowadays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would open a PDF document and then select the "Properties" menu option and then the security tab. Next select the security option and see what options are available. For and Acrobat version 20## you should have all 3 options. The one you select will depend on the target view the end user will be using. If the PDF you are trying to secure is for use within your office, I would use the Acrobat X or later option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines