• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I forced to login with my Adobe ID in order to open a PDF file?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I don't understand why are you conditioning my opening a PDF file to loging in with my Adobe ID? This is quite frustrating, I can't stand this kind of intrusion in my personal sh*t. Everything is up to date, no need to ask me that. 

Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

You need to log in to run any subscription product. This is so Adobe can check you are still paying. Nothing to do with what you open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to log in to run any subscription product. This is so Adobe can check you are still paying. Nothing to do with what you open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe logs me out, I don't log out. They take my money and waste my time. And then, after they log me out, I have to reboot to get their product to run again. I'm just a customer who pays more than $700/year for a license. I don't matter at all. The only thing that matters is Adobe. All hail Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an acrobat subscription but Adobe still wants me to sign in with my adobe account. Just becasue I subscribe to photoshop I need not now ssign in when I use acrobat? That ain't right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing screenshot.

Adobe Acrobat DC is a subscription based service. To open or view any pdf file, it would require your Sign In credential. If you'll Sign Out, then it would be asking for credential when you'll open next.

Please keep yourself Signed In to get the easy access to the service.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone that has regulatory security concerns in regards to 3rd party access to their data should review Adobe's terms of service. 

2.3 Our Access to Your Content. Where permitted by law, we will only access, view, or listen to your Content (defined in section 4.1 below) in limited ways. For example, in order to perform the Services, we may need to access, view, or listen to your Content to (a) respond to support requests; (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; and (c) enforce the Terms. Our automated systems may analyze your Content using techniques such as machine learning. This analysis may occur when the Content is sent, received, or stored. From this analysis, we are able to improve the Services. To learn more about the machine learning we do, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/machine_learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How can users set it to not sign out? I do not see that option available. Please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is poor application behavior, and a heavy-handed approach by Adobe when all I want to do is open a PDF without using cloud functionality. Remaining signed-in permanently is an intrusive, inadequate solution. I deleted Acrobat, and I am closing my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if my interent is down for any reason, I can not access pdf files and get any work done!

Bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they sign me out, though, they are just interfering with my work. The bloatware stops functioning and myt time gets wasted. Good for them. They don't experience any downsides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new behaviour and without warning. Also, I had to force quite Adobe from the Mac activity monitor because Adobe would not allow me to exit the Adobe login screen and thus I couldn't even exit Safari.

I removed Adobe with App Cleaner and will absolutely not be comng back. There are better alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share those alternatives! I also find this intrusive and unwanted.  Since changing PCs I am now being asked to sign in repeatedly also and none of the fixes seem to work to keep me signed in.  I am actually glad to have to research this issue as I am now aware Adobe has access to my content as an express condition of using their service! Completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same complaint. I use Photoshop almost daily. Suddenly, this afternoon, it won't launch unless I login to my adobe.com account. I have too many accounts to manage alreaady and I REALLY dislike having to login to use an app we're already paying for. It seems like an unnecessary and intrusive data grab to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, I had the same problem with adobe reader which is free I guess, because we don't pay for it. 
Knowing that I have other Adobe products that I pay for, I totally disagree with your policy, I uninstalled Adobe reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Completely intrusive and disrupts my workflow. I am leaving Adobe and will never recommend product to others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the forced sign-in to use Adobe Acrobat. Does anyone have suggestion for a replacement product to read pdf files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is HORRIBLE....  I do not have the time to keep signing in for every pdf file I receive!!  I am going to cancel my subscription as I have alrready spent hours trying o figure out what was wrong with my computer.... THIS IS HORRIBLE ...ADOBE SHOULD CHANGE THIS ...UNTIL THEN...I am canceling subscription to the DC   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new requirement is ridiculous.  All I want is to open a PDF file that is already stored on my computer.  I don't need or want to use anything in Cloud or any other service.  Adobe is also trying to force me to give them my phone number so they can spam me with unwanted marketing.

I am going to cancel my subscription and look for a different service because this obtrusive, hectoring, demand is not alone obtruding on my privacy, it is denying me the use of the very service I paid for.

If I am not getting the service I paid for, why should I continue to pay a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here and install this version:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are replying to a three-year-old thread. Please explain how your link solving the problem?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an example of the worst kind of software behavior. Adobe should be ashamed they ruined a great product with this BS. I don't want to use your stupid, bloated proprietary browsing environment just to open a pdf. You shouldn't have to check to see if I am still paying so I can open a simple document. Ridiculous. Your board members and product strategy owners should have your heads examined. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat with a lifetime license and I can't open anything without logging in.
What's even more interesting is that after each attempt to open the PDF without logging in again, I have to enter the license number as in the installation.
This is sick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I threw my Acrobat Reader DC into the trash, downloaded and installed the latest version 2021.005.20058.  It is no longer asking me to login when I open a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so incredibly fustrating especially when one is dealing with a time sensitive manner. I do not think I can use strong enough language to describe how much I dislike this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines