Why am I forced to login with my Adobe ID in order to open a PDF file?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I don't understand why are you conditioning my opening a PDF file to loging in with my Adobe ID? This is quite frustrating, I can't stand this kind of intrusion in my personal sh*t. Everything is up to date, no need to ask me that. 

Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Sep 23, 2019
Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant , Sep 23, 2019
You need to log in to run any subscription product. This is so Adobe can check you are still paying. Nothing to do with what you open. 

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to log in to run any subscription product. This is so Adobe can check you are still paying. Nothing to do with what you open. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for sharing screenshot.

Adobe Acrobat DC is a subscription based service. To open or view any pdf file, it would require your Sign In credential. If you'll Sign Out, then it would be asking for credential when you'll open next.

Please keep yourself Signed In to get the easy access to the service.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone that has regulatory security concerns in regards to 3rd party access to their data should review Adobe's terms of service. 

2.3 Our Access to Your Content. Where permitted by law, we will only access, view, or listen to your Content (defined in section 4.1 below) in limited ways. For example, in order to perform the Services, we may need to access, view, or listen to your Content to (a) respond to support requests; (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; and (c) enforce the Terms. Our automated systems may analyze your Content using techniques such as machine learning. This analysis may occur when the Content is sent, received, or stored. From this analysis, we are able to improve the Services. To learn more about the machine learning we do, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/machine_learning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How can users set it to not sign out? I do not see that option available. Please advise?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new behaviour and without warning. Also, I had to force quite Adobe from the Mac activity monitor because Adobe would not allow me to exit the Adobe login screen and thus I couldn't even exit Safari.

I removed Adobe with App Cleaner and will absolutely not be comng back. There are better alternatives.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same complaint. I use Photoshop almost daily. Suddenly, this afternoon, it won't launch unless I login to my adobe.com account. I have too many accounts to manage alreaady and I REALLY dislike having to login to use an app we're already paying for. It seems like an unnecessary and intrusive data grab to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, I had the same problem with adobe reader which is free I guess, because we don't pay for it. 
Knowing that I have other Adobe products that I pay for, I totally disagree with your policy, I uninstalled Adobe reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Completely intrusive and disrupts my workflow. I am leaving Adobe and will never recommend product to others. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the forced sign-in to use Adobe Acrobat. Does anyone have suggestion for a replacement product to read pdf files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is HORRIBLE....  I do not have the time to keep signing in for every pdf file I receive!!  I am going to cancel my subscription as I have alrready spent hours trying o figure out what was wrong with my computer.... THIS IS HORRIBLE ...ADOBE SHOULD CHANGE THIS ...UNTIL THEN...I am canceling subscription to the DC   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines